Full of flavor, this Tex-Mex style casserole recipe makes artful use of pantry staples and other basic ingredients to create a hearty, one-of-a-kind dinner.
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can corn with red and green bell peppers
- ½ c. chopped onions
- 1 tub PHILADELPHIA Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme
- 3 c. cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 c. KRAFT Shredded Colby and Monterey Jack Cheeses
- 1 c. crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown meat in large nonstick skillet; drain. Return to skillet. Add tomatoes, corn, onions and 3/4 cup cooking creme; mix well.
- Combine rice and 1/2 cup shredded cheese in 13- by 9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; spread to cover bottom of dish. Top with layers of meat mixture, remaining cooking creme and remaining shredded cheese; cover.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Top with crushed chips and cilantro.
Each serving contains: 20%DV vitamin A, 20%DV vitamin C, 15%DV calcium, 15%DV iron.